PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2010, 01:49
autobrakes3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@cheay028

You are spot on. Although on the website it says 26, I have seen guys as young as 24 (turning 25 in the same year) get in. Btw, I don't quite get you. What is this CESSNA rating you are talking about? You need an A/C rating before you can acquire a CPL. Is your CFI trying to "smoke" you?

My old CASA CPL states under XII A/C Endorsements: M/E Aeroplanes <5700kg, PA34, LR45 etc etc. A CPL is like a driving license - it states the category or specific type of a/c you are qualified to fly. Getting a CPL does not entitle you to fly every a/c in the world.

If you are worried about converting your license when you are back in SG, pls don't! The process of converting your license is pretty seamless since CAAS has recently "agreed" to convert all licenses, assuming you have done all the relevant ATPL papers. You would just need to sit through the Air Law and Perf A papers if yr previous exam credits are valid. On top of that, an IR test with a CAAS approved examiner. Now, the tricky part is getting a job in Singapore because CAAS will only convert your license after you are hired by a local operator.