PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva and China Airline
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2010, 00:13
L1011-500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heheheheh, amazing

I just had a few good laughs with the ppruners here.

Amazing how feellings , points of view and oppinions difer.

well, a lot that as been said here is true, they only big difference beeing the person it came from.
I allways say: Everything depends where you came from.
A retired guy from a major will most likely get ok with it; flying for fun enjoying is life.
A newbie will love it at first but maybe will soon "open" his eyes. And for them, in my humble opinion is all good. Getting the chance to fly a B747 early in his career its a plus.
Then you have the "experienced" guy who allready came with a different perpective of aviation and he is probably the one who´s led to believe in a carreer perspective, and will very soon find about about the truth, and leave.
Last but not least the one that doesn´t really have another option other than stick with it.For him life is great, or at least he tries to make the best out of it.

So no wonder one will say this is GREAT and on the next second someone will bark at him.

regarding the money everything as been said. Not really good, but once again, it depends on each individual.

As for the "right" experience, as long has you have the barelly minimuns you´re good for it. As far as I know they haven´t called anybody yet, but should start. Fact is the company is short of pilots, again....

The bond, yes , you have to show those greenies in advance, and after 3 years you get it back ( if you still around). As for the amount it differs. based on the time you join and experience. Rule of thumg , boeing experience pays less. Sometimes it doesn´t make any sense why a guy with a 737 rating pays less for it compared to widebody experience for ex.
And that will be reflected on the training later on. But well....
If I am not wrong the last course payed around 16 to 18K . when the previous varied between 13k and 16k for B744 drivers. Airbus tends to be higher , around 20k

In my own oppinion , see it with your eyes, and judge it for your self.

best of luck