PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NW A320 tailstrike at DEN, possible W/O?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2010, 21:06
tildeleb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chris Scott,

Thanks for your answer to #4, about what I expected, which is flaps and slats.

I agree N1 is a poor substitute for thrust. These days I am positive they have computer models of the engine that are very accurate. It would certainly be possible to make a gauge that read real thrust where that gauge calculated the real thrust from other engine sensors.

One of the sad things about the glass cockpits of today is that they essentially have digital versions of the same analog gauges that have always existed. A real thrust gauge is a perfect example of something that would have been hard or impossible to do in analog or early digital (not enough compute power) but would be very easy to do today.

What other gauges would pilots like to have that don't exist? Hmm I think I'll start a thread on that one. Watch for it.

As far as LH44 goes it is very interesting to read the final report. Let me know if you need a pointer to it. I looked at LH44 extensively and wrote my opinions in a post on the LH44 thread. However what I found interesting is that some of the posters really think is was just yaw induced roll and I didn't see it that way at all.