PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2010, 20:13
cheay028

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi this is my first post

Hi all,

I have read quite alot of the post. A big thank you to all who have contributed advice.

I realise that there seems to be no conclusive beyond all reasonable doubt about the min age that SIA will hire. Some say 25+ some say 26 and then there are some that say if RSAF doesnt take you or if you didnt make it through RSAF then you can apply way before 26.

Anyway I am asking this because I am a self sponsored student and will be acquirring my CPL (Australian CASA) when I am 24. I am 23 now. I also read here that my Aussie CPL can be converted but looks tricky. Some people even said it was useless. (I dont care coz i really love flying ta boh leh tahan haha)

So I have a 2 year gap if the min age is 26. If I dont fly for 2 years then my flying skill is going to deterioate.

In my CPL course I have the option of gettting a rating for the CESSNA. But if I am not getting a job in Australia (coz apply for SIA at 24) I wont need that rating. My chief instructor told me this coz he knows I want to make my training as cost effective as possible.

Thus what is the min age that you can apply for SIA? is it 24?

Coz if it is then I will go ahead with getting my CESSNA rating. So I can try and find a flying job in Australia for 2 years.

If it isnt then I dont think i will go ahead with the CESSNA rating.

Also anyone here knows where I can find flying jobs in Australia?

Thank you to anyone who responds and advices

Best regards
Andrew