PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Indian Pilots: What was your flight plan?
Old 18th Apr 2010, 18:26
Mike_Kilo_Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After slightly more than a year, I'm back. As promised here's a bit of an update.

Going has been tough and extremely slow. DGCA has been difficult especially with regards to my medical. It's been almost 10 months of multiple visits to the DGCA and my doctor just to get my class II assessment. The DGCA has seen a change of staff who are thankfully much better. The assessment is required to be able to apply for the FRTOL license. Hence, my hours have been limited to just 15.30. So, no solo yet. I'm ready, but my papers are not.

Just a few days ago, I managed to find out that my class II papers never reached the DGCA office in Delhi. Although I have a strong feeling that it was lost somewhere. So I'll have to send the papers again and wait another month for the assessment. My class II expires in July, so I'll probably be renewing the class II before I send the papers just to be on the safe side. And yes, I have done the mock Class I tests, so I know I should be able to clear the real Class I later. Just one thing that could be a problem would be my deviated nasal spectrum, which may require a minor surgery to fix.

The road ahead? Renew the Class II and send for the file number. Get the file number and apply immediately for the FRTOL. But more importantly, mail the papers for the computer number so I can attempt at least Regulations and Meteorology papers. All this should happen by next month. It's been a bit difficult balancing the flying with the day job, so delays are quite normal and expected.

Also I might be changing my flight school as I'm not too happy with the current one. I wouldn't want to name them. But if everything works out, I should be out of there and to a better place.

I will keep updating from time to time. If nothing else, my experience might help future student pilots to make more informed decisions. Until next time.

MKS out.