PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair plane makes emergency landing in Denmark
Old 15th Apr 2001, 13:06
sofsonteaser

Wink

>Red-liner> my application would never even come close to that crab. My wife earns twice your salary so even if I did not have a good job I would not be forced to prostitute myself. Do you think the slaves applied to be what they were 400 years ago? I wonder why people do it today. 4000 £ a month is not too much is it. ? I mean what are your expanses to stay in London. What does it cost you to pay for loss of licence, insurance and saving up for retirement? You even have to pay a lot for food and soft drinks every day. I know some of you don’t save to retirement because it’s not necessary. Flying 100 hrs a month for the next 30 years put an end to your life. The ONLY advance life of Ryan gives to its Scandinavian pilots is low tax. What about all those working conditions, your own pilots write about on pprune. Flying around low on fuel, don’t be sick, incidents because of fatigue because of no food for up to 14 hrs. 20 minutes scheduled stress causing turnarounds, AND THiS 100 HRS a MONTH THING to get your sector pay.
My point is that Scandinavian people shall fight not to have these conditions here. You know, for a lot of us flying around or sitting in a little 500£ standby room in London is not the only thing in life to have a few bucks more every month. We have something called a life, and we like to keep it that way.

[This message has been edited by sofsonteaser (edited 17 April 2001).]