PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plain Stupid or Criminally Negligent?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2010, 11:31
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I wrote last night I was very tired and unwell and as a result I forgot to mention that I am in no way representing the thoughts of the BAeA in what I wrote - I am not a member, simply someone who enjoys being able to go and help from time to time. What I saw yesterday appalled me then and still does today. If the BAeA decides to take action, (and I hope they do) then that will be its decision not mine. Of all the traffic using Breighton yesterday only those three caused a problem, the rest of the traffic appeared to consist of sensible, thoughtful people who behaved impeccably and did as they were asked. Just because something is legal does not mean it is sensible. If you don't have a radio and are planning to visit an airfield which is known to hold quite a few events then it would seem sensible to at least try to discover if there is something planned for the time of your visit.
The BAeA is a great organisation which goes to great lengths to keep people safe and to fit in with the local community so it is a real shame when others fail to take even basic precautions.