PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 18th Apr 2010, 11:16
alphaadrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kash

I have a lot of time for you (as I have posted before) but Im not really sure what you want here. The market is rubbish. Hundreds of very experienced pilots are on the dole (im one of them and I know of quite a few more). And I have a type rating and am an experienced instructor. I qualified in 2003 and got my first "airline" job in 2008....5years later!

You are applying for jobs,networking,keeping current and all that good stuff. The only thing left to do now is play the waiting game...just like all the rest of us. You just have to accept that ur timing was wrong and you ended up in the worst recession we have had for a loooooong time. Frustrating it may be but theres all you can do about it. You wont get a job that doesnt exist!! I have discovered that too recently!
Experienced pilots cant help you because a lot of them are "signing on" too and the lucky ones that arent are just happy that they still gotta job!!

I however am in a slightly better position than you because our Mc Donalds actually is recruiting for part time staff!! (Im being serious)! However, at my age and having no relevant experience,not to mention being more expensive than a 16yr old..my chances, alas are limited even there.

I guess what im trying to say is that there are a lot of us in the same boat and unfortunely, there is no magic solution to getting a job, which i sort of think you are looking for on here.

As i said before to you Kash I wish you good luck. That is something a lot of us need at the moment.