PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P2F Cancer of Aviation (merged)/ petitions.
Old 18th Apr 2010, 10:18
Global Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSF

You are the only one banging on about Easyjet. My letter does not mention Easyjet and neither do my most recent posts. And i am the first to admit that this is much much wider than your beloved Easyjet............ the company about which, according to your posts, you have much to dislike.

NSF SAID
The p2f schemes Global Warrior wrote about in his letter are yesterday's news - they do not exist any longer

How can you make a statement like that when there is an advert at the top of this page advertising exactly that!!!!!! Is it not time YOU changed your attitude and accept that actually, they do exist?

This thread in entitled P2F Cancer of Aviation. There have been references to your employer for sure, but do us all a favour and get over it. You actually have proven on this thread that you are part of another cancer that prevails in the industry and that is........"now it affects me lets all go out on strike" strike for me me me. SAVE ME...... sadly thats industry wide..... before you accuse me of insinuating its only prevalent at your employer.

My letter was not written to just get BALPA in on the act of P2F schemes that do, whether you want to admit it, exist but also accommodate the spineless that whinge about their terms and conditions but do nothing about it......... It could even help you.

Finally there is a HUGE HUGE difference between the P2F schemes, P4T schemes and cadets that have been sponsored from day 1 of their training to final type rating. WHY........ because as has been stated on this thread..... these guys are taken under the wing from day 1 and if they dont make any grade, they can be and frequently are......... chopped.

CTC and the other schemes candidates have come through a system when ability to pay EITHER for the type OR as previously, the type and the time, is the no.1 factor in recruiting them. Your colleague and your company are driven by money not by skills of the individual.

Cadets at BA and others are recruited because they are regarded as being the best of those available based on tests, interviews and performance in many areas. They are then indoctrinated in the ways and workings of an airline. They get jet transition courses. They get many sectors on the jump seat and they get a salary and benefits from day 1. They are monitored and assessed at every stage from interview, through initial training, to final line check So as far as the industry goes, they are far more experienced by the time they get to the RHS and they will be company people being as the company invested in them, paid for their training and have controlled their training and industry experiences from day 1.

Last edited by Global Warrior; 18th Apr 2010 at 11:46.