PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 17th Apr 2010, 23:24
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not every person is the same. Some people can happily move into fast jets and perform fantastically after a couple of hundred hours. Others can't. You get good new F/O's and you get some who you wonder how they actually passed a flight test.

I still maintain that a bit of experience in smaller machines would help anyone though. However, it is moot when you are talking about P2F.

When I say "senior pilots" I mean those who have been in this industry for longer than 5 minutes. They don't have to be TRE's or management pilots.

If all the TRE's had got together, all the TRI's, all the Captains, SFO's and F/O's (who had over 12 months service, to help protect them from being booted easily) had said "hang on a minute, this is a bit off." Then we might not have the problem of P2F.

The only way that would have happened in reality is through an organisation like BALPA.

I'm still incredulous that there hasn't been a proper campaign about this before. If our union (of which I am a member of) won't fight on these issues and drive the membership, then who the hell else is going to do it?