PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 17th Apr 2010, 21:31
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 194 Likes on 71 Posts
Bollocks.

They're skint and in debt and under pressure because they borrowed so much money to pay for a course they thought would by-pass them the the years of flying instruction, regional turboprop flying and climbing the traditional ladder of experience.

Well boo friggin hoo.

You want senior pilots like me to waltz into the base captains office and tell him I'm not prepared to fly today because I don't like how much money the some new pilot has accepted in salary from the company? My arse wouldn't touch the ground until it got to the staff car park!

For getting on for three years now I've been screaming from the rooftops here that pilot training - particularly expensively funded pilot training - was madness and likely to wreck peoples lives. DO NOT deign to lecture me about the plight of poor Wannabes. Those that have sailed themselves onto the debt rocks of Siren have all ignored my, and countless others, clearest warnings. You reap. You Sow.

If you want to see heads hung in shame then its the marketing depts of major FTOs followed by the idiotic un-enquiring parents of clueless Wannabes who put up the equity. After that start shaming the boys and girls who thought they needn't be flying instructors or piston pilots or turboprop FO's and thought they'd prefer to progress straight to Jet airline pilot.

The music stopped. There weren't enough chairs. You Were All Warned.

Sorry to be brutal but you pee'd me off,