PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 777 or Airbus
Thread: 777 or Airbus
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2010, 16:10
lcristler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have finally made our minds up and yes we are taking the plunge and joining EK this summer . Its a 5 year plan and I'm ready for it. I have been assigned the airbus and youre right it doesnt matter at this point what I fly. Everyone I have talked to has positive and negative views on each a/c, company and Dubai. We are familiar with the lifestyle and by now have read pages of PPrune unhappy pilots at EK , but on the flip side have talked to many content pilots (including their families) currently flying either the boeing or airbus. Im leaving my job here in the US after 7 years of bull**** and no progression, little pay and a reserve schedule and thankfully wont be here for the potential merger with another US carrier for the second time. I know what we are getting into and im sure I will have a new set of frustrations, What airline doesnt at this point in time? Having a Contract/Union.. I have been screwed regardless.
So with that being said ..Thanks for all of your advice and comments since I first posted.