PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the Short Course for CPL/F-ATPL been approve yet?
Old 17th Apr 2010, 16:07
blue_side_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrfun:

In my opinion, CX's misdemeanors with visa's are mainly 'financial' - ie: if they can find a way out of paying something, they will. But that only means they pass the buck when they can get away with it, or make the crewmember pay. In the end they normally completely cover their own ass. The big cargo fine last year, being a notable exception!
If you really feel the need to find out 'from the horses mouth', re: training visas, by all means, go ahead. If that was intended as a threat, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Let us all know what you find out. I'll bet that since CX has been training in Oz so long now (15+ yrs), they've got it covered.

Regarding trouble with US/Canada pilots, they already have things sorted in Canada - onshoring is complete.
As far as I understand it, with the US IRS, it's the crews that will always be responsible for their own taxes. As an overseas employer, I hear the IRS isn't too worried about CX. Do you know different?

Anyway, this is getting way off topic of the original thread...