PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and 900 hours a year limitation?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 15:51
Fokker-Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt. PPrune aka. Danny Fyne

I'm confused!

Professional pilots RUMOUR network!
If you expect all allegations on this network to be confirmed before written as a post, how can this network call itself a rumour network ? The report in question was confirmed yesterday 16/7 by a former Ryanair pilot on swedish national news.
Even if this report hadn't been confirmed I would clearly classify it as a rumour and therefore eligable for postings on this network.

I've seen lots of posts recently being removed and the authors of the posts having their account disabled. In the rules when registering :

Although the administrators and moderators of PPRuNe Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of PPRuNe Forums or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of PPRuNe Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic for any reason.

- If any rules have been violated here it is the freedom of speech, and that violation is not made by the authors of the posts.
The actions taken by the moderators or "senior PPruners" is a total lack of judgement and in my mind directly childish. I would say that if a newspaper publish a report with a commercial intent, that is one thing, but to refer to or copy the report in ones post with the intention of making an argument or in an attempt to start a discussion, now that's a totally different thing. If the moderators are here for the purpose of protecting the forum against abuse in the manner described in the rules when registering, that is ok. But to disable accounts and removing posts that are hot subjects in the airline industry today, because of fear of legal prosecution, then I would call it cowardness, and abuse of power.

My account is not removed yet. But if it wasn't for your post I'm sure it would have been. But before taking that step I would suggest you clearify the rules on this network and take the consequences of it i.e. This forum would lose interest in a hartbeat.

Sorry, but this behaviour towards your members seeking a discussion of hot topics is inexcusable!!