PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NW A320 tailstrike at DEN, possible W/O?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2010, 10:32
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks, CONF iture,

If I read you correctly, the current book VLS for A320 Flaps3 at 64T is 139kts? (So, as I thought, my book is indeed out of date.)

Because of the light reported wind, as presumably entered by crew into FMS PERF page, it looks like VAPP would have been the same as VLS. (See my previous post.) As you know, I haven't flown A320 since end of 2001, but am not aware of any requirement to add 5kts for use of A/THR on the A320 family. (We used to add 5kts for autoland.) Can anyone comment?

Agree with you that manual thrust is nearly always a better option, when you are flying without AP. But few others would share that opinion .
Also agree that, in practice, the sidestick takeover button is rarely used.

Igh,

I think CONF iture has a strong point. This apparent lack of response may be more of an A/THR problem than a CFM-56 engine/FADEC problem. I often felt, however, that N1 was uncomfortably low on Flaps3 approaches. The reported N1 of 54% is the kind of low figure that if memory serves used to make me uncomfortable.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Scott; 17th Apr 2010 at 14:48. Reason: Last sentence added.