PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ash clouds threaten air traffic
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2010, 08:07
Spotted Reptile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stoic

Okay I'll clarify.

This is your first post:
We need to know who took the decision to shutdown ALL (I stress ALL) British commercial aviation and the reasons for doing so. No whitewash will be acceptable. This is far too serious a threat to the British airline industry.
A fairly adversarial approach to the authorities and what they have done so far, wouldn't you say? You are looking for someone to blame when nobody has yet agreed that anyone is at fault. Why mention a whitewash when there is no evidence of any and nobody but you is asking about one?

Then when you are called on this aggro, you make a watered-down statement that nobody will disagree with as an attempt to justify your earlier stance:

Given the immense damage and the real potential for destroying our industry, it is of vital importance that the decision-making process is fully transparent and understood.
Nobody would refute that - we all understand the need for transparency and trust in the regulatory authorities with whom we deal. But that's a far cry from what you originally said, hence the 'walkback' comment of mine.

That's all I meant. If you believe there has been a cover-up or whitewash, then fine, that's your opinion, but back it up with some evidence or reasoning if you have it. Do you?

Edited for poor word choice.