PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are my chances in Cathay for a Direct Entry FO?
Old 16th Apr 2010, 18:44
CXmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Eiffle2

Had a quick look at some of your posts and from your experience level I would say you would have been right in line for DESO - if they were doing that still. It is becoming relatively official now that it will be a cold day in hell before CX hires DESOs again (no more expensive expat benefits you see).

When the upturn translates into hiring again they WILL hire DEFOs directly on to bases (no expensive expat benefits you see). However, I am no expert on the matter but with 'only' 1000 hours command on 'only' an ATR72 you will not be eligible for DEFO recruitment. I understand they want some of that elusive jet time for DEFO.

So go buy your rating at VB or J* and call them again after you've been working there for a couple of years. CX will be more than happy to take you on then. However as a CX DEFO going on to an Australian base, you will be paid less than either of those low cost carriers would be giving you. Hmm seems that CX has champagne taste but beer budget when it comes to pilots.