PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxis at T5
Thread: Taxis at T5
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 16:53
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In defence of noseyboy, I recently had occasion to travel by public transport to Heathrow and stay overnight at an airport hotel before an early flight.

I naively assumed that I could pitch up by tube at Heathrow T123 station and follow the signs for Taxis or Courtesy buses or at worst, ask a member of airport staff for directions.

About 30 minutes later, having wandered rather aimlessly around the concrete, pedestrian-hostile jungle that is the exterior of Heathrow Airport, following temporary signs which led to closed terminal buildings or pointed directly across roadworks, and having followed incorrect directions from at least two airport staff, I finally stumbled across one of the Hoppa buses Jarvy mentions.

It wasn't the right bus for my destination but I did finally get correct directions to the bus station and eventually made my way to the Ramada.

I felt a great deal of sympathy for the non-English speaking tourists who were also struggling to navigate to their airport hotel. Another of the myriad ways in which Heathrow fails its customers.

13Alpha