PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737-400 Engine Panel Screws Missing
Old 17th Jul 2002, 13:00
eng1170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
missing fasteners

Hi guy's
Following a quick browse through manuals in the hangar I can refer you to 737-400 Structural Repair Manual ref 51-10-05 pages 1 to 12 which give general instructions to make it possible to operate aircraft with fasteners missing in secondary structure.
To quote from the pages secondary structure includes fairings,trailing edge panels, and access panels (further info found in SRM51-00-04). The missing fasteners must be of the type that are easy to remove such as bolts and screws, i.e not solid rivets.
Certain conditions apply before allowing the a/c to be dispatched i.e no fasteners must be missing from the leading edge of the panel in question, no fasteners must be missing from the corner locations, all fasteners must be installed on sides of panels that have 8 or less fasteners AND one missing fastener in 10 is permitted on a side but not on a leading edge of the panel.
Electrical or grounding fasteners MUST be installed.

The above is only part of the 12 pages in the SRM and it goes on to give further info and drawings as to where no fasteners at all are allowed to be missing and also further restrictions/limits as to where and how many there can be missing. Also included on page 5 is the inspection criterea for any missing fasteners.

Hope this is of some more help and I would recommend reading said references in the SRM for full info and drawings if you can get access to these. If not drop me an e-mail and I'll see if I can be of more help.

All the best - Eng