PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training – How did your Family cope?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 08:11
hughesyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Izzy and Archies dad!. I have just been through and to an extent, experiencing the very same dilemas. I spent two years in Madrid doing the ATPLs and flying hours. I now have two young children and time is running out to get the CPL done and the IR. I have decided it is not worth pursuing at the moment due to the large financial loss i will face if i go Back to doing it full time. Suppose my point of it all is , if your finances can cope with it, i would choose a school here in the UK and come home at the weekends. Certainly with summer looming you will have more chance of getting the courses completed quicker.

The job market is dire at the moment, there is no denying this, but contacts and networking play a big part in getting a job, luckily this is something i have quite a lot of. If time is on your side, then use it. Multiflight in Leeds are offering weekend CPL and IR courses, could this be a better option for you?, i know i am considering it. Whatever you decide, its a tough time trying to complete flight training and have a normal family life. I wish you luck and if you are also ever considering flying some hours with someone , give me a shout. My missus is actually from Little Hayfield and we spend a lot of time up there visiting her parents!.