PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Airspace closure
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 07:17
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
I heard radio interview with NATS Director of Safety yesterday evening. Never heard a worse performer, he was utterly useless and clueless as to how to present anything. I note from thes epages a certain wariness about the ability of NATs senior management among front line ATC staff but are all your managers like him because if they are I think we are safer as things are with nothing flying around at all.

A couple of examples

We are responsible for controlled airspace-well what does Joe Public know of controlled and un controlled airspace

In response to 'is there any chance of any flights tomorrow?' he said well we are responsible for controlled airpsace what companies and pilots choose to do in other airpsace is up to them. Yes. so BA are going to start flying 747s around at 5000 in VFR just because technically they are able too other than the fact that aren't all major airpots inside controlled airpsace anyway.

he answered no questions, had no eprsonality and was the eprfect example of the 'meets targets-misses the point' British management culture of today
oops rant over