PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2010, 01:44
autobrakes3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Fantelon,

Recruitment is an on-going thing as long as the demand is there. 1st interviews are on every friday of the week and up to 50 applicants get screened each time. If all 200 applicants of the month post their interview dates here, wouldn't it be a huge huge clutter?

@BimmerShawn and all,

I am not trying to be a wet blanket here but please dont get too excited over this application. In fact, dont even get excited at all. Getting called up for an interview is not a rarity and the journey does not end here. There is still a final interview and as I have mentioned, the chance of application to contract offer is less than 10%, perhaps even 5%.

Most of the time, I read about people getting so hyped up over the fact that SIA is hiring and "Yay! I have been called up for an interview" syndrome. Instead of letting the excitement get the better of you, channel this energy into useful work like reading up on aviation stuff. In fact, for anyone who is serious about this occupation i suggest more than just reading. Study and memorise like this is yr A levels or final year in Uni!

Unfortunately, most people fall into the trap thinking that SIA has "invited" them for an interview. You will see the shocked faces when they realised there are 49 others in the same waiting room.