PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Australia
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 22:25
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
....................sheeeez you blokes ya gotta get a life there! I wanna know who stands there & counts the .076 per sq k?
As much as Aussie bush flying is challenging it's hardly a yard stick to compare for other OS countries. PNG would have to be one of the most challenging countries to fly in. Other countries that have snow feet deep would be another place far more challenging than here. I'd hate to crash in a lush dense jungle environment where wild critters are just waiting for their next meal to fall out of the sky! Sure it's hot here & remote (no more remote than any other place on the planet when yr lost!) The flies drive ya nuts without a doubt but the joint is flat with only seasonal snow or high mountains passes (mostly) to navigate thru that are flown on a reg basis. So I reckon even though we paint a picture that depicts Oz as a hard place I think we have it pretty easy as we don't hear of pilots getting lost & never found on a daily basis here in OZ the place where we have some of the best weather for flying

Wmk2