PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mandatory SB missed by maintenance shop
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 17:45
Miles Magister

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This is not the first time I have seen a servicing event missed by the maintenance organisation and it will not be the last. The CAMO is meant to be independant of the 145 organisation. Most maintenance organisations have convinced the authority that their own quality department is independent. I dissagree and would urge operators to contract a completely separate team to be their CAMO. I have picked up an amazing amount of issues both large and small over the years on both aircraft I have managed and aircraft I have done pre-buy due dilligance on.

There is a CAA advisory, which unfortunately I do not have to hand, which states that where the CAME is subcontracted to a CAMO the contract must contain a phrase to the effect that although the task is subcontracted the responsibility resides with the owner.

The owner is therefore responsible and you have no comne back on your maintenance organistion. Just get good people in, some think this is too expensive but I am willing to bet my next invoice it would have been cheaper than the costs you are about to incur!

The only reliable way is to do it yourself.

Safe safe, don't assume - Check.

MM