PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 13:08
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a minor rebrand back to the 200 version of bmi british midland? i.e. they're re-applying the subtitle they removed?
No you're not wrong. From sources and reports I have heard from, that's essentially what is happening.
The 'bmi' brand will remain and so will the livery and everything to go with it. The only change will be that it will once again have the full meaning of British Midland 'International'. As certain reports have said, there will be little change to the brand in the UK if any and they will still be known as 'bmi'. The main changes in this sense are overseas where more efforts will be made to associate the 'British' part of the name, as to give the brand more identity/recognition for those overseas choosing to fly to the UK.

I feel a few people on this thread have been confused and that they are stating a full rebrand and name change back to just British Midland. I'm sure you will agree this would not make good business sense, especially when like it or not the bmi brand in the UK is now established and has become well know... yes many still referring to it as just British Midland but this proves that tey know the brand and image of the airline.