PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 10:35
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin is not recruiting. As Stan said, there are several people on unpaid leave, secondment and other forms of gardening leave waiting to come back. Until they have been accommodated, no-one else will be entertained. With current capacity still cut, and not forecast to increase significantly this summer (as of now, anyway!), and forecasts for the coming winter still varying from disastrous to fantastic, there's no obvious reason to believe that recruiting would recommence anytime soon. However, there are 10 A330s to arrive in the next two years, some of which may represent additional capacity. If the company considers the market has turned the corner this summer, it is possible that recruiting could start this time next year. But that's all guesswork, so don't hold me to it!

As for Monarch flying VS schedules, I suspect the truth is more likely to be that Virgin Holidays have exceeded VS's available capacity and are chartering from other airlines. They do that all the time as a matter of course. I don't read anything into it.