PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Pension Increase
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 09:02
jpboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnd

Bit harsh on civvies. The bonuses you are talking about would apply to only a few in the private sector. For a more realistic picture of what is happening type in "pension fund collapse" into google and you'll get a taste of the worries facing the majority of hard working individuals.

Talk Reaction

You remind me of my naive youth and answering questions at Biggin Hill selection with, "I think we just have to trust the Government on this issue", happy days! I agree with your cynicsm. Losing senior officers or saving billions reorganising pensions across the public sector and injecting the economy, what would you chose?

I never thought the Berlin Wall would come down or that communism would collapse in my lifetime much less fighting wars in Afghanistan or the Middle East. The pace of change seems to get ever faster, suppose I'm getting old! That pace of change in the financial sector has accelerated in the last few devestating years for pensions. Public sector lags behind but gets all the changes in one big bucket of happiness.

Keep an eye civvie street for the changes occurring in the pensions market, I hope you will be safe.