PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for solo F/A's...
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2002, 07:43
cloud nine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post Skyways,

Yes that is a problem that does face many solo f/a's on a regular basis.

I dont mind if the pax chat amongst each other during any of my PA's. But if they chat through my saftey demo, I just stop and look at them untill they stop. If this doesnt work, I have actually put the PA down walked up to them and advised them in a pleasant manner that it is CASA regulation that we have your full attention for the saftey demo. Some will say that they fly all the time and have heard it all before. I just say " thats fine, I undetrstand but the people around you may not have heard it". It always makes them stop talking. Sometimes I feel a bit harsh when doing this but reality is I dont want someone not being able to get out of an emergancy exit if needed, all because they were not listening to my PA. Unfortunatley some pax may find it a little rude, when this is said, but I just think, well, it is my job, and if you have a problem with me advising you that it is a CASA SAFTEY regulation, than go ahead, let my manager know that I am following all saftey procedures 100%. Im sure she would be more than happy to know that.

Some pax are just not aware of how important the saftey demo is, so I see no harm in advising them otherwise if needed.

Funny enough is it's always those talkative pax that are sitting there with their hand luggage on their lap and tray tables down when it's time for me to do the cabin check.

Hope this helps....