PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 08:15
La Amistad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ, the average salary for someone in the RHS is at least double what the new cadets get. What's worse is I do think its here to stay in some form or another.

Some of the lack of communication from CTC will be that they just don't know what will happen in the future as the airlines (predominately EZY) may not be telling them. There isn't a lot CTC can do about that!! However I would assume a large part of the lack of communication (particularly re the hold pool) may be that it undermines a key selling point for CTC. We WILL get you a job*! Putting out hold pool figures and waiting times would not help them recruit!! In golden days the promise of a quick FULL TIME job stood them apart from other FTO's. Not really anymore considering you can pay more (and now earn less) for the privilege of waiting your turn for contract work.
Anyone else noticed the constant requests from CTC for help at open days, giving them contacts at flying schools, international schools and uni etc etc. It smacks of desperation to me??

Please help us recruit. Errrrr no do it yourself!

There will never be any transparency from CTC. Ever. They don't realise who the customer is (as neither do OAT etc). They seem to think that every last cadet owes them for the wonderful opportunity they have given them. Until they realise that it won't change. Shame really. If they did change I reckon they would be by far the best FTO going by a long shot!!

*terms and conditions apply, Job is no longer a job, more "experience gathering" period then good luck you may be on your own but there is nothing we can do thanks to beancounters at the airlines!!.