PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2010, 07:37
buddys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPL

Hi guys,

Back in 2007 when I was looking for a good flight school to do flight training in the Philippines and I found a few. I came across MPL CA was offering and found it very interesting. Back then it was a new thing (until now, I think) and thought of going for it. Well, basically because of financing issues I didn't go for any pilot training. Now I'm ready, I've been looking around for good pilot training schools again and I came across this thread about CebuPac's MPL programme with CA. It's good to know there've been successful cadets who've completed their training and finally got their licenses, but now it makes me wonder, if I did join this programme 3 years ago, where would I stand?

I know there are many Filipino pilots here, and I would like to obtain some opinions. I'm looking for a pilot training school again and am hoping to start a career in flying. So far, after reading (at least not all messages) this thread, MPL is not at all an option. Would you say so?

Also, I'm looking for pilot training in the US instead of the Philippines. Is that a good decision? After doing my research, the cost of training in the Philippines is almost the same as training in the US. I'm not undermining training in the Philippines, I'm a Filipino myself, but sometimes, I tend to favor the option of training elsewhere rather than training in the Philippines.

What do you guys think? Can you recommend some schools in the Philippines that I should really consider? Or otherwise, recommend schools in the US?

Your experiences and comments are welcome for those people who are also thinking of starting a career in flying. The foundation of basic pilot knowledge gained where we choose to train is very important so your opinions or comments will help us decided are very much appreciated.

Thank you!