PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 21:24
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Binsleepin

From the official thread Eddy (a Striker) chatted to Tiramisu (a non striker and founder of the PCC) in the crew room today. If the (some) strikers know some (at least one) of the founders of the PCC why don't they (the PCC) come out into the open and publicly give their side of the story?
Being the sad person I am and having read every post on three of the five 'official threads' and all of them on here, I seem to remember one of the PCCC originators saying something about this.

If memory serves accurately, then the PCCC view on this dispute was to maintain a watching - although interested - brief. I think they felt - probably rightly so - that any attempt to become involved at the point when the PCCC began, would simply confuse an already confused situation. Given the propensity of many hardliners to become vindictive, it makes a lot of sense for those involved to remain incognito.

What is interesting is the fact that it is clear WW and BA management are perfectly well aware of PCCC stated intentions of being a proactive and non-disputational crew organisation. Perhaps if BASSA implodes - and after the alledged remarks by Derek Simpson that wouldn't surprise me - BA might drop word to the PCCC that they might find a sympathetic ear should they want to formalise their council and make an approach in the future? To be in place for the next issue to arise.

If I am wide of the mark, then my apologies.

Roger.