PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do helicopter pilots earn?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 20:46
luisf4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up "the scene" in south america

i ve been reading the threads for quite a while now and i see what the brazilian offshore pilots went through in the 80's 90's they were earning such low salaries that they had a strike for 2 weeks
for you to have a rough idea....
f/o salaries were about 500usd/month
capt salaries 1000usd month .... afterwards and all the sindicate took action lawsuits and all those formalaties...today the scenario in the offshore is pretty descent .. specially after bristow and other major companies bought few of the brazilian operators the salaries went well over descent
a f/o depending in wich company there is "behind" will be making about 6000usd month 15/15 roster ,
captains about 10,000usd month and they are still having trouble to hold piltos because of executives in sao paulo are hiring every one in the field....
i dont know how does it really work in uk but if I was in that scenario described i would look to other countries that are paying a lil better ,
ex africa,middle east qatar, pay a lot for offshore flying at least for some time till you get a better resume or enought experience.
i just came back from dubai and i do know they will need helo pilots there in the next semester or so. look for abu dhabi aviation or dubai air charter
you may find something you ike. plus there is a lot of uk citz there !
and its tax free...
hope i could help with something

fly safe !