PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Situation Regarding The Flight Centre at Halfpenny Green
Old 14th Apr 2010, 19:23
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i used to fly with that school and lost £350 with them that i didnt get back

Notwithstanding that the circumstances at 1/2 Penny Green may not apply here, how many more times are we going to hear this - another person who's been fooled into paying cash up front with false and vague promises from the equivilant of Pikies in the GA Business.

My suggestions would be that those who negotiate directly with the CAA in various GA causes, lobby for the mandatory inclusion in every approval given by the CAA to the establishment of any organisation offering flying instruction, the clear and unequivical statement in all their advertising and statuary paperwork to clients that payment upfront, no matter what the discounts offered, should only be done by credit card or loan from a UK Bank approved by the FSA.

Unfortunately, as this sort of scam has been ongoing since flying was invented and those who pupport to represent GA and do have direct contact with the CAA, havent had the backbone to do anything about it to date, I can't see it happening anytime soon.