PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do they teach flying instructors these days?
Old 14th Apr 2010, 15:10
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Word salading is not really one of my passions DFC, especially with an unknown entity on the internet.

I appreciate the time you take to try and enlighten me in the finer points of how to teach people how to think about a flight they are about to set out on.

However I am afraid you are truly wasting your time if you are expecting me to change my ways and adopt your view of how to teach flying.

I have not taught ab-initio flying since 1964 and I will admit time can dim ones memory but the basics have remained with me as I went on from teaching at the PPL level to teaching agricultural flying and from there to company training pilot on heavy water bombers for twelve years. Later in my career I started a business offering advanced flight training and as part of the business I went back to light aircraft again therefore I hope I understand the issues involved in how to teach people to fly.

I am quite sure you and I will remain at odds on this subject regardless of how much bandwith we waste here playing one upmanship, so lets just end our discussion at this point as there is really nothing much more to say.