PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all experienced pilots...we need help!!
Old 14th Apr 2010, 13:24
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon,

Firstly I would like to thank all those who have sent me a PM to show support, encouragement and providing me with leads. However still I find myself in the same place I have been for the past few months, at home scrounging of my parents. Currently life is at a standstill, I’m even finding it difficult to get a job at Tesco’s stocking shelves, let alone a flying position.

I do not wish to sit on this website and cry my eyes out, trying to persuade you guys to feel sorry for me. However the truth is that there is thousands of people in the same position as me, I’m not trying to be a spokesman for them but I feel that there must be something that we can do to get our foot on the ladder.

I haven’t borrowed a single penny to become a pilot; I worked hard and saved up. While my mates were going partying at night I stayed in. While my mates went to Starbucks for a coffee, I drank tap water. I haven’t bought myself anything in the past 8 years. I saved every penny. And now when I look in my dad’s eyes I’m not sure what I see, him being proud of me or being disappointed. I feel though he is saying what a dumbass wasting all his money on nothing other than a few worthless pieces of paper. I’m not trying to prove him wrong all I want to do is get these hands dirty, I no longer care about getting on the right hand seat of an aircraft all I care about now is getting back on my two feet. If that means scrubbing toilets for the rest of my life so be it!!

I’m not ashamed or disappointed at spending tens of thousands of pounds on training, in fact if I had a chance I would do it all again. Becoming a pilot was not a mistake it was my dream and hopes and I believe that every person has the right to follow their dreams however small or big. If I had children I would tell them to go out and do everything they wanted in life.

I have received an email from an experienced pilot who was so kind to share his journey to his first job, it was an eye opener and gave me allot of encouragement to go further. I would like to ask if our experience pilots could also share there journeys with us on here so we may be able to learn and maybe notice our own mistakes.

Kash360.