PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Equal Opportunities & Diversity
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 11:26
kirstybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banging one's head against a brick wall

Waving tug boy, do some research. You really do not seem to understand what any of this is about. How can this be rape? By whom and when.

In the eyes of the law and physically I am female. To put this one to rest, I have now told my boyfriend. He was shocked but has accepted it, after all everything looks right and I am still the same person that he was first attracted to.

As to the Gentleman in the USA who told me so delicately to cut the effin crap. To me none of this is crap, it is a very real situation. I provided a taste of what I had been through and what was involved, not to gain symphathy, but merely to illustrate that this is not something undertaken lightly. You don't become a woman merely by putting on a frock. I made my choice, I am quite happy to live with that side of things.

But coming back to the original point, something that seems lost on all the people making stupid observations about my original posting being on 1st April, this is about discrimination and bigotry, pure and simple. The same mentality that has led to so many hate crimes throughout history. And incidentally, I was always led to believe that April Fool's jokes could only be actioned prior to 1200 (1100 UTC) on the day in question. My post was somewhat later in the day.

I knew that the path I had chosen would be hard but I had absolutely no idea just how small minded and petty people can be until I was faced with trying to regain employment in my chosen profession. And that is my only complaint. People can make light of it by making foolish observations but think carefully, when you are least expecting it, you to could come up against similar discrimination. Discrimination, after all, takes many forms.

Kirsty