PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report Changing to CTAF, please
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2010, 03:42
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Rotorblades,

I have tried to be diplomatic in my previous posts and have tried to drop some subtle hints ... but I've failed. So, here is my black and white thoughts:

Fair enough, but then we would appreciate an answer to our directed calls to you. It shows little or no respect to ATC & the extra workload that has been produced due to non-answering of the call(s).
Wrong attitude.

If you have an unanswered call, your responsibility is to follow it up through the correct procedures. A pilot's responsibility is to Aviate, Navigate & (finally) Communicate. The PIC will assess the correct priority in any particular circumstance.

Yes, you may have extra workload, yes, Flightwatch might have to make extra calls, yes, other tasks may be delayed ... but that, unfortunately, is your job.

If the unanswered call gets to a SAR Phase ... the subsequent investigation will determine the PIC's adherence to rules, "respect" and decision making processes ... in the particular circumstances. If he or she has erred ... he or she will get a jolly good rogering.

No Professional pilot will intentionally NOT answer you.... for a lark.

He or she would have made that decision, based on all the circumstances at that time ... and you, once again, unfortunately, have to accept and deal with that.

OR, get the rules changed.