PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF-JStar Japan performance comparison
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 23:59
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Can I put forward my basic position as that I agree that Jetstar Domestic appears to have done the job in countering the threat from the LCC's on the Australian scene.

The only issue I have ever had with Jetstar Dom is the method of it's creation and it's effect on the career progression of junior mainline pilots who were systematically excluded from taking any meaningful part in the expansion of that part of the Group.

Jetstar International however is a problem. Senior management, and I mean Board level, put forward the opinion a couple of years ago that there were real questions hanging over Jetstar International. Nothing we have seen in these figures changes those questions.

We have seen Jetstar senior management constantly talking up Jetstar International with over the top claims about its growth and popularity. The massive growth claims are fallacious. The popularity claims are fallacious.

When they attempt to foster these claims by including purely domestic passengers to pad the figures I believe their motives become clear. When the load factor comparison with mainline shows a systemic deficit the motives yet again becomes clear.

I believe the Board is being derelict in its duty to represent the shareholders. The plan to increase the number of A330's to 12 and have a 787 fleet size of 25 or so, cannot be sustained on these figures. There is a better option available. The poor old Qantas brand, given half a chance, would seem to represent better shareholder value based on these figures.

If anyone cares to argue that fact lets see your evidence?