PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Really worried (Class 1 Medical Question)
Old 16th Jul 2002, 23:01
Wayne Jenkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quidam ......But there for the grace of God.....I went as well!!

Three years ago I took a slide off the top of a B412 in Mumbai India [Proves I do pre-flights at least]...
As I was laying there with my foot at 90 degrees to where it should be...the thought of informing CASA and the FAA was not paramount in my mind, however once out of the Indian Hospital and consequently out of Royal Perth Hostipal after corrective surgrey, I sent a fax to Canberra and Oklahoma City explaining the circumstances...........the reply from both was to have the injury accessed by your AME at your next renewal.......as my Class 1 expired during my recovery period, it was not necessary for me to be cleared prior to flight.
At the next renewal [8 months after the fall], the AME was not really fussed.....he looked at the exwounds, we discussed the wires and screws insitu and he said if you can walk in here, then you can fly.........so get back to work.

It was easy for me, as the medical expired whilst I was recoverying.........if I recovered and went back to work whilst the medical was still current without informing anyone......well that is inviting trouble I would think.

Good luck......