PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Canada to immerge this spring!
Old 13th Apr 2010, 19:55
seuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you guys really pilots?

I've worked for SSV several times on winter contracts (unlike our Canadian bros. we had to obtain a Canadian Licence to fly over here.) I am staggered by the animosity and rudeness shown towards each other lately. I never met an SSV pilot who boasted to be 'too good' to work for anyone. They were all decent guys with families mortgages etc....just like the rest of us really. It's sad for Canadian aviation that this has happened and I really hope those guys find something soon.

The pilots/ccrew/employees are the victims in these corporate games I'm afraid, and spewing rumour and vitriolic nonesense towards each other on this forum is pitiful to read. I can't believe that some of you guys are pilots...if you are you're a letdown. The upper echelons of Jazz couldn't give a flying toss about their pilots any more than SSV's/TCX's/TOM's do.If they can get you to pay to come to work they will....have no doubts about that!

I'm off back to the UK (if my aircraft haven't been impounded at YYZ as the rumour mill suggests). I'd love to get back to this place next winter and I hope that the pilots that I met, flew with and befriended here in Canada get decent work soon. Good luck guys, and a heartfelt thank you for the opportunity and experience.