PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 18:24
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take a big liberty and paste a table from the other thread which is reserved for the enlightened or the deluded - you can read that any way you want to.

Further information for crew who have lost staff travel concessions from 14 April 2010.

Q I have a trip booked for travel on British Airways, but I don’t return until 15 April, will I still be able to use the ticket to come home?
A No, the loss of staff travel concessions applies from 14 April 2010, therefore all travel must be completed before then. If you choose to travel out on a rebated ticket before that day, you will be responsible for arranging alternative means of getting home after 14 April 2010. Any unused tickets for yourself or nominees will no longer be valid and the reservations will be cancelled, please apply for a refund on these tickets in the normal way.

Q I am travelling on my partner's concessions and we are booked on their 100% rebate ticket to travel in May. Will I still be able to go?
No, you are unable to travel as a nominee of another serving or former British Airways employee from 14 April 2010.

Q I am a commuter, how will I get to work?
Staff travel is a non contractual, discretionary concession, there is no contractual entitlement. It is your responsibility regardless of where you work to ensure you are able to report for duty. Prior to the ballot for industrial action and again before the strike, it was clearly communicated that any individuals choosing to take strike action would lose staff travel eligibility.

Q My friend is travelling on my concessions and is due to fly back on 21 April, will she be able to fly?
No, the loss of staff travel concessions applies to your nominees from 14 April 2010. If your friend decides to travel, they will need to arrange alternative means of travelling home.

Q I have a staff travel ticket booked with another carrier for travel after 14 April, am I allowed to use it?
No, all travel must be completed by 14 April 2010. Any unused tickets for yourself or nominees will no longer be valid and you will need to cancel the reservation and apply for a refund on these tickets in the normal way. Any travel that takes place on any another carrier (including Oneworld, franchises and subsidiaries), after 14 April 2010, or contacting other airlines directly to request rebate travel will be considered misuse of staff travel and will be managed using the appropriate disciplinary procedures.

Q If I change jobs, will I get my staff travel concessions back?
No, the loss of staff travel is permanent and applies to any future jobs you may move to.

Q I have completed over 15 years of continuous service with British Airways. When I leave, will I be eligible for staff travel concessions?
No, the loss of staff travel is permanent, therefore you will no longer be eligible for former staff concessions.

Q I took strike action on the first dates, but came to work during the second strike dates, do I still lose my staff travel concessions?
Yes, the loss of staff travel concessions applies to all crew who took strike action.

With such a generous privilige available for friends, oneself, lovers, partners and retirees etc - is it any wonder now that so many are about to loose their fantastic freebies, that seat numbers will be down? This will surely benefit the airline. It will save BA fuel and free up seats for potential revenue passengers or perhaps even more profitable freight weight?