PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 17:56
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back for a moment then...

ChicoG

Our union refused to negotiate because some members raised their hand and voted for no further talks. I wasn't at the meeting last year and have never been against negotiations.

I would never allow BASSA to led me over the cliff. I can make my own decisions based on what I read and hear. I'm not like some of my colleagues propaganda with the purpose of brainwashing you. Why did I choose to go on strike? Because I have very little faith in BA that they are wanting to do what's best for us. They have their own set agenda and this is not the first time management has ignored our agreements.

This dispute is not about our CSD's working on a trolley. It's about imposition (I'm beginning to hate this word) and could easily be confused with the fact that crew members were removed in November and December last year but also because BASSA seems to be insisting that they should be put back. I don't think it's too much of an issue any more to have our CSD's working on a trolley even though that some flights can be VERY difficult to manage. Today, six months later it's not important for me to have them back to their previous position. I had a different opinion around Christmas but back then we were also getting used to our new practices.

From my understanding it was BASSA who called the strike dates and I think it's for the simple reason that years ago when we had another dispute with the company TW agreed to a settled agreement with BA at the eleventh hour. They were simply afraid this would happen again.