PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UNITE for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 14:48
Bruce Wayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm aware Peter took VR through choice.
Indeed.

I'm also aware that maybe he felt he had no choice.
Conjecture. No evidence to support that, even in his own words.

The thread alludes to this.

Does it ?

When a Captain is apparently being undermined by so called SEP trainers to junior crew the rumour mill will kick in.........
The rumour mill will always kick in, facts or not. As professional people we need to separate fact from fiction and base arguments on facts not subjective conjecture.

What I see here (and I could be wrong) is an individual disgracefully treated by his management and even worse his CC colleagues who should have been supporting him.
No evidence to support that conjecture.

His union's idea of support was drinks and a curry Where were they when BA started behaving badly? Where were they when the slanderous gossip started? I'm assuming Peter would have made them aware of this.
BLAPA offered him drinks and a curry ? that's more than i ever got out of BLAPA's membership. So he was was wined and dined by BLAPA to discuss what issue? How did BA behave badly ?

My point in my previous post was that Unite would have been far more pro active and supported him individually.
What, in taking VR as a choice ?

I'm think there would have been a legal case here.
For what, taking an offer that was deemed acceptable ?

For instance if Peter felt he had to leave because of the gossip/poor support from BA there could have been a case for constructive dismissal and slander??
Did he ? I don't see any evidence in that from his own words

I don't know of course
Well perhaps it would be better to know before passing judgement on a subject based on speculation and conjecture.

When you assume, it makes an Ass of you and 'Ume'.

as I'm no legal expert but Unite's legal dept are first rate....they would know.
Well making allegations based on speculations and conjecture, which are damaging open the door to libel/slander. (see Justice Eady)

If the media "line" was that Peter and his FO were heroes I make no apology for taking that. They were. They saved many lives that day
I disagree.

hero

Date: 14th century1 a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one that shows great courage
2 a : the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work b : the central figure in an event, period, or movement
3 plural usually heros
4 : an object of extreme admiration and devotion
Implimenting their knowledge, experience and training to acheive a successful conclusion to a situation that could have had a different outcome.

They acted professionally. The crew are an example of how a professional crew work in difficult situation which resulted in a situation that was a lot less catastrophic than possible alternative outcomes.