PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Rules?
Thread: Cabin Rules?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 14:10
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I think that cherrycoke has the best solution.
I think that, on the information posted here by the OP and Load Toad for their flight (carrier not stated), the CC failed in their duty.

They probably failed because they had not had sufficient recurrent training and suspected that, if it got rough with the noisy pax - that their CSD would not back them up. That is, of course, pure conjecture, but is based on working in a wide variety of business across 35 years and observing human behaviour.

Had I have been in that situation - I would not have let the matter rest. If I had to go over the head of the CC to the CSD, that is what I would have done. I think, before my next LH, I might print off the relevant rules form the relevant carrier website, to stick up the nose of the CC.

To pick up on a discussion point in the dominant thread of the moment ... If the CC knew that the person making the noise might be a 'mystery shopper' trying to test the pax - would they have ensured that rules were followed? It matters not, they failed to support the majority of their pax.