PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 13:29
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This dispute could have been solved by now too if nobody had went to work during the strike. Management then would have been forced to come back to negotiations.
MissM,

I'm terribly sorry, MissM, but how could Management return to negotiations with a union that most of the time refused to negotiate?

And when BA put a reasonable offer on the table - I believe you saw it - and one Unite leader accepted an extension of the ballot period to allow CABIN CREW to consider this offer, another Unite leader called a strike knowing it would sabotage this opportunity for YOU to make your own decisions.

It is this naive mentality - that a strike would win the day for BASSA - that that has left Malone and the rest of them looking like a bunch of sour-faced ne'er-do-wells who have no support from the rest of the company.

What I don't understand is how you can let these people lead you over a cliff like lemmings, when you should be DEMANDING to know what BA are offering so that you can decide for yourselves if you want to accept it.

The people doing the negotiations here are the ones that do not want to do a bit of trolley work, and they are making decisions based on how it affects THEM and not YOU.

Go away Miss M we can handle it here thanks very much.
Surrey Towers,

MissM not only offers an interesting insight into the mindset of cabin crew (whether you like it or not is a separate issue), but she can also listen to what pax think and perhaps carry the message back to her colleagues.

I for one think it's good that she posts here, and her opinion is as welcome as those who did not support the union in this debacle, so unless you've become a moderator here, I'd rather you didn't try and decide who posts what in this forum, thank you. If you aren't interested in her posts, I would suggest that you simply skip past them.