PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Telephoto lens - Stabilised or not?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 13:26
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the autofocus better in the high end lenses? My best results so far over the past few weeks have been by manual focus. The winter photos were all autofocus and they were all a fair bit out and were probably a good source of my earlier chagrin.

Is there any kind 'SOP' that I can call out to myself to prepare for a shot? A few days ago I had the White Balance in the shade mode and some nice shots were messed up. I was in a foul mood going to work later in the day! I dont yet have any filters - what ones are absolutely necessary?

Excluding panning shots and airborne shots does Image Stabilisation work in both axes, like for stationary subjects?

Lastly, (sorry!) can you download your jpegs to a mp3 player/ipod that has a screen and can you do the same thing after the images have been cropped? Mp3 players and ipods are slightly ahead of my time and I have only found what they are in the last few weeks.

Looks like it will be the f4 - dont yet know about the IS. Can do a a hell of a lot with that extra four hundred spondulics! A lens that would be worth more than my car!

Janey Mac!

Thanks.