PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 12:59
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy In Blue

Do I think it's unfair to single out those who worked? No, not unless they are not part of a union as they wouldn't have had any other choice. If they voted for a strike and still went to work I think they made the wrong decision. They should have supported both their vote and their union.

ChicoG

This dispute could have been solved by now too if nobody had went to work during the strike. Management then would have been forced to come back to negotiations. I think the main reason why BASSA announced strike dates is because they didn't want a déja vu of what happened a few years ago when TW sold us down the river at the eleventh hour.

I don't blindly accept or believe everything they say but I don't have enough faith in our management to give up my trust in our union. They have negotiated for the best terms and conditions in the UK and don't always do bad things. When you look at what was on the table a year ago it looks like a good proposal but I still have a feeling they would have gone ahead with New Fleet. Too much time and work have been put into it.

Mariner9

There is a difference. The judge said he might have ruled differently if the situation had been different so he was not solely on BA's side. This strike is about protecting our jobs and as much as people seem to deny the fact that WW isn't after our union I disagree.

Imposition was placed on us because they couldn't reach an agreement. I don't believe BASSA can be solely blamed for this. BA is also to be blamed and as I have pointed out previously, they are far away from each other and I don't think WW is easy to negotiate with. Neither is BASSA. They probably don't have as much support as before but I think there's still a majority. It doesn't necessary mean that if we were re-balloted it would in favor of a strike because crew, myself included, are extremely tired of this. It has been going on for a very long time and we want to settle this once and for all.

R Knee

Strikebreakers include people who did OUR job during the strike. Pilots and ground staff who trained to become cabin crew, ex-temporary crew who have come back to the company on a six month contract, regular crew who voted for a strike but crossed the picket line.