PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UNITE for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2010, 11:42
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce

I wasn't aware I had taken the "media line". The only media coverage I've seen of that incident was the initial news reports when it happened. I've no idea of their "line" on things since

My very limited knowledge of the incident based is based on browsing the thread on here. I've just ordered Peter's book to get a better insight.

I'm aware Peter took VR through choice. I'm also aware that maybe he felt he had no choice. The thread alludes to this. When a Captain is apparently being undermined by so called SEP trainers to junior crew the rumour mill will kick in.........

What I see here (and I could be wrong) is an individual disgracefully treated by his management and even worse his CC colleagues who should have been supporting him.

His union's idea of support was drinks and a curry Where were they when BA started behaving badly? Where were they when the slanderous gossip started? I'm assuming Peter would have made them aware of this.

My point in my previous post was that Unite would have been far more pro active and supported him individually. I'm think there would have been a legal case here. For instance if Peter felt he had to leave because of the gossip/poor support from BA there could have been a case for constructive dismissal and slander?? I don't know of course as I'm no legal expert but Unite's legal dept are first rate....they would know.

If the media "line" was that Peter and his FO were heroes I make no apology for taking that. They were. They saved many lives that day.