PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Hi-Fi nerds out there..? Trying to connect head phones to tuner.
Old 13th Apr 2010, 11:35
TowerDog

SkyGod

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
I would play the DVD on my laptop which has a fibre optic out and HDMI out. Take the fiber optic and HDMI output from the laptop into the Amp then plug your headset into the audio jack of the laptop.
Sorry, now I am really confused...What has a laptop and fibre optic to do with connecting a headphone to a stereo....

Mad Jock is right, the optical out is the key. Perfect example of read first, buy second.
Read first, buy second...?

Hmm, I read the description on the Sennheiser headphones before I hit the "buy" button: "Easy installation, Plug and Play" and with a modern stereo tuner from a reputable company I had no doubt the installation would be as described.

At any rate, that is water under the bridge right now.
MY only choice seems to be a compromise: Cutting off the plugs from the headphone transmitter and hook up to one of the speaker outlets...

Whcih speaker: Got 5 or 6 of them with sub-woofer, center, left right and aft left and right...Or all of them?

Any ideas...?

(Needless to say, I don't much about stereos and all that except turning on and off)

Maybe you should be calling Sony? Their HTS is (IMO) the problem, not the headphones.
Yeah, will give them a call as well, but not holding by breath as for actually being able to talk to a real person who can help.