PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 13th Apr 2010, 08:58
BentleyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swalesboy,

If the comment was a one-liner from a trainer or mentioned in induction, its a bit of a simplistic view of events to be honest.
Cargo revenue is similar to passenger in that there are different products and different yields depending on time of booking etc. The hold could be full to the brim of low yielding long-term booked freight which wouldn't create that much revenue, or could be a quarter full of Secure and Courier cargo which could make us four times as much. If there's any VAL cargo on the NOTOC, that's always a good sign.

Sorry if that's a bit of thread creap but thought it might be of some use as background.

Hi Flyer,

I agree with you one hundred percent. You have very eloquently in one relatively short post, captured the thoughts of most of us on here I feel.

I have regularly asked the question 'Please give me an example of where BA have lied to you as an employee?'.
I have never yet had even half an answer from anybody, inlcuding any disaffected pilots.

Well done. You've hit the nail on the head.

I hope the few BASSA supporters on here respond and try to explain their logic.

I can't believe the internal impass between Unite and BASSA can go on much longer? I'm surprised we've got this far into the week to be honest. Any of you BF or CF members got any insight to what's being said. Any more eloquent postings from the Branch Secretary?

Last edited by BentleyH; 13th Apr 2010 at 09:44.